If you are running a hospitality business, you know the importance of providing your guests with an excellent experience, whether the experience involves dining or staying in a hotel suite. That is why you need to make sure your laundry is handled by a reliable third party. Linen services for hospitality businesses extend to the cleaning of kitchen apparel, restaurant linens, and bed linens.
Save on Water Use
By choosing a commercial service provider, you will also realise the savings on the consumption of water. Not only are your customers happier, you save money on utilities, all which equals increased revenues.
Kitchen Linen Services
If you choose to use linen services for your kitchen, you can rent chef jackets, aprons, and polo shirts, all which can be regularly cleaned and replaced. Chef style jackets are available in premier jackets, gourmet jackets, and oxford jackets. You can choose aprons in butcher apron designs, or they can be stylised to be worn at the waist. Gourmet aprons and bib aprons are other popular choices. Trousers for chefs are available in small blue or black checks or in plain drawstring designs.
Ask for a Free Quote First
Cloths for a kitchen include tea towels, kitchen cloths, glass cloths, waiter cloths, and oven cloths. All you need to do is request a quote to further enquire about this aspect of linen servicing. Usually, you will receive your uniforms in about two weeks, no longer than that. If you elect to close your account, all you need to do it give them a month’s notice.
If you operate a kitchen, you know the importance of keeping the cooking and preparation areas hygienically clean. For a restaurant to be successful, all the utensils, apparel, and equipment must be immaculate. The same is true for a restaurant and the types of linens you feature on the tables.
Making a Good First Impression
If you want to make a good first impression with your restaurant clientele, you need to make sure your table linens and serviettes are well stocked. Table linens come in a full array of colours, including white, buttermilk, red, black, burgundy, dark blue, gold, and dark green. Therefore, you can match the colour of your restaurant’s linen to the décor and atmosphere of your fine dining establishment.
If you manage a hotel, you know that guests notice the bed linens and towels first. For you, this aspect of the job is highly crucial. If the bed does not look luxurious or inviting, customers will not come back. Therefore, the company you choose to launder and replace your linens must be just as dedicated to a good customer service experience as you are.
Types of Hotel Linens
Some of the linens that are available include the following:
- Elite plain pillowcases and sheets – from single to super-king sizes
- Elite satin stripe pillow cases and sheets, including duvet covers – sized single to super-king size
- Elite towels, which consist of face cloths, hand towels, bath towels, bath sheets, and bath mats
- Premier plain housewife pillowcases and sheets, including duvet covers, from single to super-king size
- Premier stripe housewife pillowcases and duvet covers from single to super-king size
- Premier towels, which are comprised of face cloths, hand towels, bath towels, bath sheets, and mats
You can also rent hotel linens, such as leisure towels and bathrobes. When you choose a reputable linen provider, all the linens receive quality control checks to maintain a high standard of quality.
Choosing a Laundry Service and Linen Rental Company
Laundry services for businesses make it possible for restaurant owners, kitchen managers, and hotel managers to meet their guests’ service expectations. This is not possible if the laundry and rental service you use does not provide the best in customer services.
Making a Commitment to Quality Service
The linen service company should be committed to offering excellent follow-through in the following areas:
- Customer communications should be unsurpassed. Any daily requests for advice or serviceshould be met with both speed and efficiency.
- Deliveries should be made on an agreed and routine basisor within one hour of the set time.
- Processing and cleaning should be performed using the highest standard of care.
- Inventory control should be streamlined, which is meant to reduce costs and improve service quality.
- After-installation services should be extended to ensure the quality of linen cleaning and delivery.
A linen company that takes care of your linen rental and laundry should work with you to ensure a professional and trouble-free experience. That means working with a business that also offers additional services. These services may take the form of the following:
- Temporary services and stocking for one-off events.
- Professional embroidery services.
- Dry cleaning for corporate workwear.
- Repair services, including replacing buttons, hemming trousers, and garment alterations.
- The direct sale of disposable hot towels.
- Stocks from vanso that customers can obtain additional linens, if needed.
Usually invoicing for third party linen services are raised on the last day of a billing period (typically one week before the end of a month). Invoices display all the linens that were processed during the invoiced period.
An invoice normally is made up of two sheets. One sheet shows all the items sent over a month’s time, the price for each unit, and discounts, if applicable. The VAT is included in the total amount. Sheet two represents the deliveries for the period and segregates the total into weekly sendings. Payment is generally due within one month of the invoice date.
Using an Online Portal to Review Account Activity
The company you select should be accessible and offer an online portal so you can access your business account as well. Details, such as invoicing, linen usage, and delivery data can all be viewed at your customer portal online.
When it comes to linen servicing, you have several options from which to choose. However, you want to focus on choosing a business that puts your business needs first. When you can partner with this type of business, it causes a chain reaction, one that makes it possible for you to increase overall customer satisfaction and your profits at the same time.